- all the court case did was allow a woman to choose for herself what to do with her body
- abortion should be a constitutional right.
- no one would ever take it to the next level.
Welcome, ברוך הבא, Welkom, Добро пожаловать, Bienvenue, Bienvenido, 歓迎, υποδοχή
This site is dedicated to those who are serious about what Christian life is all about. This is a place to discuss modern Church and life issues. You can leave an anonymous comment if you feel the need. All comments are moderated. All posts will be answered. No requirements are needed.
If you want to study Biblical lessons click here http://ideasoftimbible.blogspot.com/
Monday, April 15, 2013
Sunday, April 14, 2013
- All cultures have a form of marriage.
- Not all marriages in history had to be sanctioned by the state.
- Ceremonies were not always used to "formalize" the union.
- There have been many types of marriages that have been allowed and many that have been banned by all cultures.
- It seems that all cultures have placed rules on marriages:
- age, economic status, families, how many, race, religion
- family obligations, succession, divorce, sexual actions
- ceremonies, records
- and yes...types of marriages
The question can be answered but many will not accept it or it will always be argued what the stipulations are. Those who are for marriage equality of any sort can not answer it. Because if they answer it what would they say? Some would say that marriage should be allowed between any two consenting adults. But, they can't because that would be hypocritical. Here is why. If you say "two" people, then why not three, or four people? If you say "consenting", does that mean that people who have mental disabilities who may not understand the concept of marriage are not allowed? Wouldn't that go against personal freedom? If you say "adult", then what is an adult? Here in the United States 18 is considered an adult, but in other countries, especially throughout history some 12 year olds were considered adults. So, someone 17 years and 364 days old is not a consenting adult but one day later they are? The problem with this answer is that as soon as they say two consenting adults, then discrimination happens. They have placed rules on marriage. Since this then would not be an answer that is viable then some would have to say that marriage should have to be completely open. But they can not say this either because if they say that marriage should be completely open then the slippery slope becomes an actual slope. Marriage has to be one or the other. Either there has to be stipulations or it has to be completely open.
Friday, April 5, 2013
Note: This thought is also located at www.ideasoftim.blogspot.com but focuses on the political aspect of our culture.