Welcome, ברוך הבא, Welkom, Добро пожаловать, Bienvenue, Bienvenido, 歓迎, υποδοχή
This site is dedicated to those who are serious about what Christian life is all about. This is a place to discuss modern Church and life issues. You can leave an anonymous comment if you feel the need. All comments are moderated. All posts will be answered. No requirements are needed.
If you want to study Biblical lessons click here http://ideasoftimbible.blogspot.com/
Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Saturday, November 30, 2013
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Sunday is sanctified, I smile and take the pew
Monday it's back to school - Am I learning, not at all
Tuesday and Wednesday, Thursday, Friday I just crawl
Seeds that were growing have been dried up by my flesh
I walk the walk and talk the talk but where's the rest
I could have everything even what's behind the stars
But I built my prison without windows, without bars
Gotta fight, gotta stop living a lie
Gotta fall, gotta lay down and die
Gotta stand and run to the other side
Gotta live or it's Murder By Pride
When we live for ourselves we do these things:
- We challenge God's word and authority. This causes us to think less of moral standards or even lose a standard to live by. When standards of God are lost then humanity suffers chaos. A world without Godly standards is called 'hell".
- We exalt ourselves over the wisdom of God. Humanity that can't even control their own finances, marriages, and other issues in life think they can actually get away with making decisions without God or at least the wisdom He has passed on in the Scriptures? What makes us think we are right?
- We feel we are the most important person in existence. People do not listen to wisdom. They feel just because they think it then it must be right. Everyone has a closed mind or turn a blind eye to what they are doing because if they are proven wrong then they have to change.
Friday, August 23, 2013
Thank you Pastor Wendell for this inspiration.
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
- 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might
- 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.
- 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
- 13. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.
- 14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having to put on the breastplate of righteousness,
- 15 and as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace.
- 16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;
- 17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Keep in mind, the church is not the Church. Small "c" means thet building. Capital "C" means Christ's body.
- Spirit-led, not man-led
- Glorifying God, not humanistic
- Use of gifts to help serve people and God, not show casing human ability
- Holy, not worldly
- An organism, not an organization
- Loving, compassionate, hospitable
- Leaders with egos that can not see past their own accomplishments to see the hurt in some.
- Worried about growth in numbers instead of growth in spirit.
- Entertainment focused and "jamming" instead of true worship (putting God first).
- Lost in culture and becoming immune to the world's sickness.
- Business and less personal, more worried about reputation than character
- Divided, hypocritical, worried about reputation instead of character
- Bad examples because the world sees no difference between living a Christian life and a non-Christian life.
- "Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to, and from pig to man again but already it was impossible to say which was which."
And the last thing, the Church is not INSIDE a building. It goes OUT to the world. Too many people think the church building is the place to get saved. No, technically the church building is for the Church. You get saved in your heart, not a building. But still the church building is there for a reason as well. It is a place of worship and education but it is also a place where people can feel safe and comforted; a haven, if you will. The building is a symbol of where someone cango who is feeling down and out because the world has beaten up on them. When people come into the church building they want to feel safe. They want to forget their troubles that the world and culture has caused them. Yet, what does the Church offer? Programs, sermons, and worship that is filled with the same culture that destroyed the individual in the first place, and mostly just to get a good reputation in the community. It's like an alcoholic goes to church and the Church offers them a drink and people think the church is cool then.
Other Thoughts you need to read for more explanation:
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
- Baby Builders born ca. 1918-1944 or roughly the ages 69-95
- Baby Boomers born ca. 1945-1968 or roughly the ages 45-68
- Generation X born ca. 1969-1992 or roughly the ages 21-44
- Generation Y born ca. 1993-2013 or roughly the ages 0-20
Monday, April 15, 2013
- all the court case did was allow a woman to choose for herself what to do with her body
- abortion should be a constitutional right.
- no one would ever take it to the next level.
Sunday, April 14, 2013
- All cultures have a form of marriage.
- Not all marriages in history had to be sanctioned by the state.
- Ceremonies were not always used to "formalize" the union.
- There have been many types of marriages that have been allowed and many that have been banned by all cultures.
- It seems that all cultures have placed rules on marriages:
- age, economic status, families, how many, race, religion
- family obligations, succession, divorce, sexual actions
- ceremonies, records
- and yes...types of marriages
The question can be answered but many will not accept it or it will always be argued what the stipulations are. Those who are for marriage equality of any sort can not answer it. Because if they answer it what would they say? Some would say that marriage should be allowed between any two consenting adults. But, they can't because that would be hypocritical. Here is why. If you say "two" people, then why not three, or four people? If you say "consenting", does that mean that people who have mental disabilities who may not understand the concept of marriage are not allowed? Wouldn't that go against personal freedom? If you say "adult", then what is an adult? Here in the United States 18 is considered an adult, but in other countries, especially throughout history some 12 year olds were considered adults. So, someone 17 years and 364 days old is not a consenting adult but one day later they are? The problem with this answer is that as soon as they say two consenting adults, then discrimination happens. They have placed rules on marriage. Since this then would not be an answer that is viable then some would have to say that marriage should have to be completely open. But they can not say this either because if they say that marriage should be completely open then the slippery slope becomes an actual slope. Marriage has to be one or the other. Either there has to be stipulations or it has to be completely open.
Friday, April 5, 2013
Note: This thought is also located at www.ideasoftim.blogspot.com but focuses on the political aspect of our culture.
Sunday, March 31, 2013
Sunday, March 24, 2013
1. Who gave them these rights? God did of course. Just being alive does not constitute power or freedom. A tree is alive but shares no power in this world, nor a fish, or bird. They can not speak. They can not reason. Therefore they can not know the difference. A fish will keep swimming. A tree will keep growing, and a bird will keep singing. Now mammals will show that they know the difference, yet they only have two responses, flight or fight. Love by a dog is actually the fight response. It stays and reacts to what is given to them. Humans are different. They can actually initiate the situation. They can respond, or not. They can reason, or not. They can speak. They have authority. Given by God. Yet to each fellow human they have responsibility, something else animals do not have. This responsibility means that some need protection from the powerful, hence rights.
2. What constitutes a human? At what point does man gain rights? Was it Neanderthal man? Was it Homo Erectus? Was it Australopithecus afarensis? Was it a primate of the first kind? Or was is algae? Is it fair to say since we all come from the same single cell organism that Homo sapiens are the only ones with natural rights? Yes. Because they are the only man created by God. The others are just figments of man's imagination (flawed science)they are not man; or they are just deformed humans (those who do not meet high standard visual desires of others).
Using science (deism and enlightenment) to show once again evolution is not a valid theory.
Saturday, February 23, 2013
Monday, January 28, 2013
For years we create objects for children's brain to be stimulated so we add noise to toys. We add color. We add movement. And what do we get? A child with ADD placed him on medicine and wonder what is wrong with the child. We sit kids down in front of a television and don't monitor what is on and they watch things full of violence. We buy them video games about shooting people and quick gratification. They get shot and they get lives and rebooted. We let them play for hours without intervening. What do we get? Mass shootings and vain acts of infamy. We tell them to think for themselves and to stand up for themselves and what do we get? Sass mouths and disobedience. We make excuses and say they are going to do things anyway so we tell them to wear a condom and what do we get? STDs and unwanted pregnancies.