- 47% said, It's okay if it has a point to it. This would be okay as long as the point was not to worship God with. If it was a teaching point such as one reader explained that his church used AC/DC's Highway to Hell to get people to understand without Jesus we would all be on a highway to hell. Ok. But that should not be used a s a worship song. There is a huge difference between playing a song and using it as worship. There is a huge difference between what churches call a worship "service" and real worship.
- 29% said, No. There are enough Christian and worship songs. This is perhaps the best answer. There are so many songs today that nothing else is needed. And if that isn't enough there is the original "song book" with Psalms. But then again, some songs are remade by Christian artists and they have tried to add a Christian meaning. If the meaning is there and it is meant for the glory of God then it is still okay.
- 9% said, It's okay because it is a way to reach the unreached. How is using a secular song going to reach an unsaved generation? True story: A certain church service used a song by a modern pop rock band as a worship song. The song did have a strong message and if some words were taken out it could have been mistaken for a Christian song. But the band, when looked at from a fuller picture, does not have the most positive message for people to hear in other songs (sexual content, vulgar language). What type of message is this church giving to the congregation and the culture that is looking for Christ? They are showing that there is no difference between the way one is living and the way one should be living. Do you worship God by using non-meaningful words to stir a secular emotion? This is what someone once called a manufactured emotional high. It's not real. And then try to tell people the greatness of God.??? Worship is not for the unreached. It is for the believer to be used as a way of expressing his/her feelings back to God.
- 7% said, It's just wrong no matter what. Maybe not no matter what, see above reasons.
- 4% said, Yes. There is nothing wrong with it at all. So, to worship God we should sing Madonna's Like a Virgin, because maybe she is singing about Mary? For those who answered this way you need to learn what worship is all about. There is a line that should not be crossed.
- 4% said, Other.
Welcome, ברוך הבא, Welkom, Добро пожаловать, Bienvenue, Bienvenido, 歓迎, υποδοχή
This site is dedicated to those who are serious about what Christian life is all about. This is a place to discuss modern Church and life issues. You can leave an anonymous comment if you feel the need. All comments are moderated. All posts will be answered. No requirements are needed.
If you want to study Biblical lessons click here http://ideasoftimbible.blogspot.com/