- (35%) Said Yes. It is very effective and there is nothing wrong with it. However, keep in mind that spanking is not beating a child. The butt is soft for a reason. It is meant to absorb a spanking. The face was not. The face was meant to absorb affection. The hand was meant to absorb the pain of helping others. The feet were meant to absorb the pain of going the extra mile. But the butt was meant to absorb the pain of being disciplined, not beaten!
- (30%) Said yes. But only as a last resort. Perhaps this is the best answer. Other methods should be used first. This allows the child to understand that violence should never be the first step to any situation. It allows the child to know that you are a person that can reason through a situation. This is not to be confused with "reasoning with a child" to allow them to get their way. It also allows the child to understand that some things can be carried out too far.
- (10%) Said no. But the threat should be there. What good is a threat if you are not willing to use it. Wishy-washy. This sends the wrong signal.
- (15%) Said no. It may send too many mixed signals about violence. Only if you hit on areas besides the butt. Only if you do it out of anger. Only if you do it excessively. Only if you do it in a way that isn't needed.
- (10%) Said no. It is abusive. Then you get what you deserve. If your child disobeys you and you can't do a thing about it, tough luck. If they are perfect in this way, be thankful.
- (0%) Said other. Again, what does this mean?
Welcome, ברוך הבא, Welkom, Добро пожаловать, Bienvenue, Bienvenido, 歓迎, υποδοχή
This site is dedicated to those who are serious about what Christian life is all about. This is a place to discuss modern Church and life issues. You can leave an anonymous comment if you feel the need. All comments are moderated. All posts will be answered. No requirements are needed.
If you want to study Biblical lessons click here http://ideasoftimbible.blogspot.com/