- (27%) No. Because our battle is not with flesh and blood. This is the most important thing to remember. No matter what happens in this world the most powerful force is to go to God with any and every issue. But God does not say that this is where it should stop. Many Christians wimp out by saying the above. Actually in all reality those who answer this are probably Christians who have a hard time dealing with the fact that there thoughts do not coincide with Biblical views. It is their way of reconciling their own thoughts with their spiritual life. Hint: it doesn't always work, nor is it always correct.
- (27%) Yes. But only on certain issues. This is probably the best non-biblical answer. See next answer for explanation.
- (22%) Yes. No matter what. Perhaps this one needs to be looked at a little more. Some issues that do not deal with any spirituality are not needed to be endorsed or opposed by the Church, such as gun control. This is not an issue that deals with the Church so why get involved as an organization? Abortion? Yes. Marriage laws? Yes. Taxes? Sometimes. Freedoms of individual liberties? Sometimes. Religious freedom? Definitely. Candidates? Yes. Judges and certain laws? Yes.
- (18%) No. Because it would violate "separation of church and state". This one is controversial because no matter what you say someone always misinterprets the issue and the amendment to the Constitution. See http://ideasoftim.blogspot.com/2010/08/67-life-liberty-and-pursuit-of.html and the see the comment section as well.
- (4%) No. Because then they would have to pay taxes. This has to be the answer that people picked because they are trying to be sarcastic or are angry with the Church. Churches should not have to worry about paying taxes. Even Jesus said that we need to pay Caesar what belongs to Caesar. They are a non-profit organization and should be treated like any other non-profit organization. But since when does profit making constitute if you can be political or not? Private homes are non-profit (most of them). Are they not allowed to be political? Boy Scouts, YMCA, Salvation Army, and other organizations should be allowed to be political. The old saying goes that if you don't like something you don't have to do it. If these groups become political then you do not have to support it.
Welcome, ברוך הבא, Welkom, Добро пожаловать, Bienvenue, Bienvenido, 歓迎, υποδοχή
This site is dedicated to those who are serious about what Christian life is all about. This is a place to discuss modern Church and life issues. You can leave an anonymous comment if you feel the need. All comments are moderated. All posts will be answered. No requirements are needed.
If you want to study Biblical lessons click here http://ideasoftimbible.blogspot.com/