Did you know?
- It was written by men and women, giving us views from both angles.
- Many of the books actually may have been one at one time but were separated by man due to the subject matter (Ex: Luke and Acts).
- There is not one contradiction in all of its verses.
- The OT is about God's people who strayed so far they needed rules written down for them to follow (the Ten Commandments). The NT is about God's people who had strayed so far they needed a savior to help them (Jesus Christ).
- It's also a history book.
- It's also a psychology book.
- There were 66 writings found and kept and put together that gives us a complete story on how to live our lives.
- It is separated into two main parts, an Old and New Testament, each having its own purpose.
- It spans about 2000 years but talks about roughly 6000 years of man's existence.
- It is the best selling book of all time.
But did you also know?
- The people in the OT at first did not have to live by the Ten Commandments. They lived by faith. But since they lost their faith God gave them a second chance and allowed them to see how He wanted us to live so He wrote down ten righteous acts to live by.
- The people in the NT did not live by the ten rules anymore, so God knew the only way to save His people was to send a savior, and so today we are living by faith once again. There will not be another second chance.
- Some of those who wrote the bible or were bible heroes were uneducated, had speech impediments, were murderers, cheaters of money, even prostitutes, yet God used them to tell us what life is all about and changed them as well.
- Each book represents Christ in its own unique way. So no matter what book in it you read, it's about Christ.
Did You know?
- It has never lost its relevancy, each subject is still for today's person with problems.