- The term Gospel means "good news". The good news is about how God came down from His throne to live among us to show us the right path to salvation.
- There are many "gospels" that were written but there are only 4 credited accounts of the life of Christ. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. The gospels of Thomas and Judas ARE NOT credible, no matter what Dan Brown says.
- The earliest one written was about 20 years after the resurrection of Christ; Mark.
- There were numerous miracles in the Bible however the first miracle of Christ is recorded in only one of them; John.
- There are 238 separate accounts of the life of Christ in the Gospels.
- There are no written records of Christ's life from his ages 13-29.
But did you also know?
- Out of the 238 accounts only 19 are found in all four books. And most of these are about Christ's last week on earth.
- Every prophecy written in the OT about Christ can be found in the four books.
- Only one book talks about Christ as an infant; Luke.
- These words were inspired by the Holy Spirit. Since man can see things in the wrong way the Spirit inspired these men to write down the story of Christ. 1 Thessalonians 2:13
- There are four books written to show you four different viewpoints; one is for the Jew who can not believe in the Messiah (Matthew), one is for those living in the Roman Empire who need to know Rome was not the only authority (Mark), one is for the Gentile leaning towards earthly ways (Luke), and the other is to show the personal relationship with Christ for all (John).
Did you know?
- There is one theme in all four: Repent and believe. Matthew 28 16-20, Mark 1:15, Luke 19:10, John 3:16