- Politics, although nowhere near the top priority of a Christian, should still not be neglected.
- Although God is not a democrat or republican there is still a better choice when it comes to upholding Christian values.
a. Voting for a candidate that stands for non-Christian values is not proper for a Christian
b. There is no valid rationalization behind the thinking process of voting for a person standing for non-Christian values. It is still improper. Voting for Obama was wrong. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090123/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_abortion_ban
c. Not voting is inaction and we are always called to action and thereby not the proper thing to do.
d. The economy does not match morals. Voting due to the economy is okay when all things are constant, but not okay when values such as homosexuality, abortion and civil rights are on the list.
- Setting high moral standards is a duty of Christians and politics can be used in that manner.
a. "Forcing" people into our values is better than having them force theirs upon us!
b. Yes, although moral standards have to be changed at the source before anything really happens, but having laws helping with that tasks is better.
- High-moral leaders have always set the standard for countries, very biblical.
- No matter who the leaders is, hopefully everyone prays that they make wise and moral decisions.
- The US may not be God's gift to the world but it is by far the closest than any other in history.
- The founding fathers may not have had complete Christian values set for this country but they by far closer than what we have today.
Welcome, ברוך הבא, Welkom, Добро пожаловать, Bienvenue, Bienvenido, 歓迎, υποδοχή
This site is dedicated to those who are serious about what Christian life is all about. This is a place to discuss modern Church and life issues. You can leave an anonymous comment if you feel the need. All comments are moderated. All posts will be answered. No requirements are needed.
If you want to study Biblical lessons click here http://ideasoftimbible.blogspot.com/